The client is a global property management company with nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of nearly 80,000. India, with 10,000 + employees and with large business operations, is one of the most important geographies for the company.
Being a property management firm, with properties including offices, factories, housing complexes, SEZ’s etc, it has a huge in field operations team – 90% of which are male. In a scenario like this, as part of its global policies, it was important for the company to create an awareness program for Diversity and Inclusion within the company.
The client needed an initiative that can cover the 90% of its work force, who are in field, managing properties and not necessarily in office. So classroom sessions of education was not feasible in terms of time and money.
The initiative should be able to generate enough interest for people to participate voluntarily and at the same time educate them on gender sensitivity.
High impact, high engagement, and highly technology driven engagement was required to simultaneously engage thousands of employees within the country
To help the client educate its employees on Diversity and Inclusion, QuizWorks designed a 2 prong approach – engaging field operations through a mobile based gamified quizzing and then hosting a live quiz at Mumbai for shortlisted teams.
The quiz was branded as QuizVersity – and teams were asked to be formed basis on one of any below 3 conditions –
- Diverse by age (a gap of 10 years)
- Diverse by Gender ( Male + female)
- Diverse by Geography ( colleagues from different locations).
The content for the quiz comprised from topics like race, religion, gender, age, art and culture, cuisine etc. The engagement initiative was spread across 7 days for all employees of the company. As the scoring, ranking and shortlisting were completely automated, the client could conduct the event simultaneously across the country
The Key elements were:
- Phase 1: Online and Mobile based gamified Quiz – As a qualifying round, participants were quizzed about diversity and inclusion – the companies philosophy, and real world examples as per the topics mentioned above.
- Phase 2: Shortlisted teams had to go through another round of quizzing, this time with higher level of difficulty. Top 5 teams were chosen basis their score and time taken to complete the quiz.
- Phase 3: Face-to-face Quizzing – The ‘Grand Finale’ as it was called was held at Mumbai, where the 5 top teams were flown in and started with a keynote from the CEO. The teams were awarded interesting prizes like Laptop, Mobile phones etc
Participation – More than 50% of the workforce took part in the online initiative thus sensitizing themselves on Diversity and Inclusion as a subject
Engagement – 90 % + of the participants rated the content to be highly informative and engaging because of in built game mechanics like challenge, progression, sociality, rewards etc
Highly cost effective in terms of reaching 10,000 + workforce through this strategy. The client team got an “internal best practice” award for this initiative
If you like a similar initiative to be organised in your company, do reach me out at email@example.com
Before you leave, check out some of the questions for this quiz
- Vikings are an ethnic race from which geographical region of the world?
- “A Brief History of Time” is the name of one of the famous books he authored. Despite being challenged from ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), a motor neuron disease, he is one of the most admired scientists in physics. Identify him.
- Kilt is a knee length, non-bifurcated, skirt type garment with pleats at the rear. This is a traditional wear of men and boys of which nationality?